Monday, August 2, 2010

Workin’ It In Clogs

I’m usually the first person to embrace new trends. I love the excitement of wearing something that’s very “of the moment.” However, when this new clog trend emerged, I was a little hesitant to rush to my nearest Saks and purchase a pair these little wooden beauties. My main concern – how on earth could I make clogs work appropriate? If you’ve been reading my blog for the last couple of weeks you’ll know that I just recently took the Bar exam. This means that within a matter of months I’ll hopefully (knock on wood) be working as an attorney. While I love this clog trend and the idea of pairing these kitschy shoes with more classic pieces, I was initially at a loss as to how I would make clogs a part of my working wardrobe. Below are two different ways I might wear clogs to work:

black clog

1. Pants: Gap $49.50

2. Clogs: Diane Von Furstenberg $299

3. Top: Amanda Uprichard $167

The pairing of clogs with cropped pants or trousers is a fabulous way to remain work appropriate but still showcase your footwear. Also, if wearing clogs has you feeling a little more inhibited, adding a printed blouse is a fabulous way to take any unwanted attention off of your footwear.

dress

1. Dress: Tucker $315

2. Clogs: DV Dolce Vita $89

3. Blazer: Elizabeth and James $395

Wearing clogs with a work appropriate dress is the easiest way, in my mind, to bring clogs into the workplace in a tasteful and appropriate way. If you still feel like you’re walking a fine line between office chic and office faux pas, throw on a blazer – adding a blazer to the mix gives the ensemble an increased sense of professionalism.

What do you think – would you wear clogs to the workplace?

9 comments:

  1. I love the second ensemble. If the dress were knee-length I'd feel completely comfortable wearing it without the blazer. I think I would wear clogs to work if I were at a business casual place. The firm that I was at this summer was so super casual that I could've worn either any day of the week and would have still been overdressed.

    http://xoxoebony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! And yes- my ring is David Yurman!

    Great post- those are super cute outfits :D I would definitely wear those to work. Gosh I haven't even thought about clogs since I was little!

    http://alwaysfashionablyearly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those DVF clogs are insane!! Love that stacked heel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haven't rocked clogs since i graduated high school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these outfits! Tucker shirt dresses are so comfy and I love that you can just throw them on and look put together! I'm still on the fence about the whole clog trend - others can pull it off, but I'm not sure about myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I'd wear them to work but I do love the second outfit! Those clogs are darling and I'm wearing that blazer in my outfit post today!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I could wear them to work, but I love the outfits that you put together. That blouse is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Love that blazer
    2. I'd wear clogs to the work place! Unless they're super super high, I don't see the big deal...where what you love!

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the same way. Love the clogs! Loving your blog btw. First time on your site.

    MelRod

    http://melrod1206.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete