Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Orange You Glad

I love simple clothing. T-shirts, skinny jeans and jersey dresses have been my uniform lately. However, to give my outfits a little more spice, I love adding a bright pop of color in an unexpected way. One color I’ve been experiencing a growing fascination with is orange. Orange can be a tough color to wear – it’s a bright, harsh shade that’s very unforgiving when paired with certain skin tones. However, wearing just a touch of orange is a fabulous way to pay homage to Summer, which is quickly dwindling to an end. As excited as I am about Fall clothing and colors, wearing a bright Summer orange never fails to put me in the Summer spirit and remind me to live in the moment and enjoy the season we’re now in. Here are a few of my favorite orange pieces:

TB

Tory Burch Tumbled Leather Reva Flats in Orange $195

earrings

Kendra Scott Carlone Earrings in Orange Sun $75

shift

Topshop Pleat Long Sleeve Shift Dress in Ginger $90

essie

Essie in Bright Tights $8

The best thing about orange? While it is a staple Summer color, it can also make an easy transition into Fall (orange + brown = a match made in color heaven). What’s your favorite summer color?

8 comments:

  1. I love the reva flats in orange!!


    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love orange. It has to be the right tone for me to wear it, but it's definitely a summer staple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some orange ballet flats that I love. I need to wear them more. Love the Revas in orange. I also love the Essie nail color. I wonder if my salon has it (they don't have a ton of Essie for some reason).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange is absolutely one of my favourite colours for clothes and accessories, though I used to find it glaring, as you say. But its so bright, and punchy, and unapologetic.

    My favourite dress is orange, And I'm going to be posting it on Friday!

    http://rubyslipperjourneys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ORANGE LIPS..orange nails.orange toes.that's me RIGHT now!!!haha So Summery and bright and cheery!
    I'm sooo into it too! Have a wicked summer babe!
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    http://BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely don't have enough orange in my closet - I'm thinking some cute flats like the Tory Burch Revas would be the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE orange for fall, especially with brown! Those Torys are darling.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like shades of orange in the fall and I love it with animal prints.

    Come on down and check me out at:
    http://xoxoebony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete