Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thrifty Thursday: Forever 21

Forever 21 and I have long had a love-hate relationship. On shopping trips past I have found some wonderful items that I’ve even been able to transition into my work wardrobe. However, on other shopping trips, I’ve been overwhelmed immediately upon walking into the store by the neon colors, short shorts, and overly revealing club attire. After spending some time browsing the Forever 21 website, I have to say – I’m actually pleasantly surprised by what I found. Here are a few of my favorite finds (all under $50):

ethnic dress

Ethnic Accented Dress. For only $29.80 this dress is a steal! With its fun print, this dress is perfect to end the Summer with but because of its coloring, can also be transitioned into fall with a sleek pair of black tights.

rosy top

Fab Mini Posy Chiffon Top. The print and colors of this $13.50 top are very reminiscent of Rebecca Taylor. This top can easily be dressed up for work or a night out or dressed down for a day of shopping and beaching.

green top

Jewel Embellished Tunic. This top is my absolute favorite and when I’m at Forever 21 this weekend I’ll be sure to look for it. Doesn’t the print and the bold emerald color remind you of something Diane von Furstenberg might do? For $28, this versatile top is a must have.

bow top

Bow Refinery Top. Bows are everywhere this Fall. For only $15.80 you can add this adorable bow tank to your wardrobe. How amazing would this top look paired with skinny jeans and a black blazer? Love!

floral skirt

Floral Woven Skirt. This year, I have fallen completely head over heels for florals. Paired with a basic white top, this skirt would really pop. I adore the electric blue background of this skirt and for only $16.90 I think I have to make it mine. Also, how cute would this skirt be paired with boots in the Fall?

Which item is your favorite?

12 comments:

  1. My favorite is that fabulous tunic. I adore the color green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that first dress -- I'm in love. I also have a love-hate relationship with F21; sometimes the crazy lines and packed stores are just too much for me.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love F21!! I always find great stuff online, and am always satisfied and pleased with every purchase. You look amazing by the way.

    Thanks for the lovely comments. I hope you come back and visit.

    MelRod :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks.. I am loving the tunic. :) xo- karrie

    www.hellopretty.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pics look cute! We don't have F21 but in Britain there's a store called Primark which I imagine is pretty similar. I always end up kind of overwhelmed and frustrated. Maybe online shopping is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to F21, but they do seem to have some cute dresses. I like the one you chose here. :)

    http://www.stylestance.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lately, I've been having generally good luck at Forever 21. I think it's all about which location you go to. I've found that some are definitely better than others both in terms of organization and the clothes that they carry. I've really been liking their Love 21 line, I think it's supposed to be for people who are a little bit older, so the hemlines are a bit longer and a lot of that clothes don't have that cheap quality about them that screams you bought it at F21.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't pick a favourite here. The ethnic dress is quite lovely though. Enjoy the weekend;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bow top definitely a favourite. We are looking forward to the day when they open a shop here in Ireland. There's only so much online browsing you can do!!!
    Fifi & Niamh
    xxx
    http://www.thewardrobewars.blogspot.com - take a look if you get a chance, we'd love your feedback - follow if you like what you see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That embellished tunic is gorg! And I'm a sucker for anything with a bow! A new F21 recently opened near my office... dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite is the chiffon top! So cute -- and at a great price. xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finds! I haven't had any luck at F21 recently...I think I'll have to pay them a visit.

    ReplyDelete