Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Animal Instincts

Leopard prints have had a place in the fashion world for years. This year, however, they seem to be playing a bigger role than usual. In the past, I’ve largely avoided purchasing and wearing leopard prints or any animal prints for that matter. But this year, I think I’m ready to make a change. Adding leopard shoes, a blouse, a sweater, or even a purse is such a fun and unexpected way to turn an otherwise plain outfit into a totally chic ensemble. Below are a few leopard print beauties I’m hoping to add to my Fall and Winter wardrobe:

tory burch 

Tory Burch Reva Flats $225

joie 

Joie Joann Leopard Print Crinkle Georgette Top $88.99 (on sale)

dvf scarf

 Diane von Furstenberg Cheetah Land Wrap Scarf $165

topshop

 Topshop Leopard Tassel Cross Body Bag $60

dvf dress

Diane von Furstenberg Safi Dress $262.50 (on sale)

What do you think about animal prints?

9 comments:

  1. Ooh I love animal prints. Leopard prints will never go out of style, I think. It's too classy and such a staple in every era of fashion.

    I really adore those flats. For me, animal print is done best when there are hints of it.

    Cute post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great leopard picks! I love leopard flats. I have a pair by Delman that I will never EVER get rid of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely in love with those Tory Burch leopard-print flats! Gorgeous.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the TB flats! They are def some of the most comfy flats I own and I love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love animal prints more now. I've had a couple pair of animal-print shoes, but I'm ready to branch out. I adore the DVF dress - so classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leopard has always been such a staple for seemingly everyone, but i've always been a little to shy (if that makes sense) to invest in a piece, if even an accessory. Maybe I should break out of my shell?

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love them! like you say if you keep the rest of the outfit safe it can be really cute to add a splash of print!
    jenna
    http://ukfashiontrends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Tory Burch flats! I've been lusting after them forever!

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great minds think alike. I just did a post abt leopard prints this week too. ha! I love the TB flats. These will definitely be in my closet for the fall along with a leopard cardigan.

    www.makeupbytricia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete