Sunday, August 1, 2010

Gems and Jewels

I’ve recently become interested in updating and expanding my jewelry collection. I’ve never been very adept at choosing accessories for my outfits and have largely relied on bright colors, fun patterns, and layering to spice up my wardrobe choices. Lately, however, I’ve been exposed to many new jewelry designers thanks to websites like Gilt, Hautelook and Rue La La*. Because of these wonderful websites, I’ve become a huge fan of Kendra Scott, Amrita Singh and Kevia to name a few. Here are a few “jewelry essentials” that I need to add to my jewelry collection:

bracelet

Everyday Bracelet. I love jewelry that has a hidden meaning behind it so this bracelet by Gorjana (for only $36) fits the bill perfectly. I’m an astrology junkie and strongly believe that our signs play an important role in our lives. I also love the idea of getting this bracelet not in my sign, but in the sign of someone special in my life. This could be a husband or child for some or a boyfriend or significant other.

hoops

Basic Hoops. I adore basic gold hoops but think these ones by Melinda Maria ($70) with their subtle detailing and delicate pattern are absolutely delectable.

dangle

Bold Dangles. To me, the combination of black and gold is the epitome of elegance and sophistication. These Melinda Maria earrings ($265) offer the elegant look of the black/gold combination in a fresh and fun shape.

elephant

Gold Necklace. I’ve loved elephants for years. I love that they’re family animals and omens of good luck in so many countries. What better way to express my appreciation of these friendly giants than wearing one around my neck on a daily basis (and hey, a little extra good luck never hurt anyone)? At only $50, this necklace by Vanessa Mooney is both adorable and incredibly affordable.

What are your jewelry essentials?

* If you aren’t familiar with these websites you NEED to check them out immediately. They’re all sample sale websites which host daily sales featuring amazing designer deals. I’ve purchased Milly, Tibi, Theory, Delman, Kendra Scott and Elizabeth and James pieces on these sites at at least half off. In the right sidebar I’ve posted my personal invitation links – join the websites and enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Love your everyday bracelet pick! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the everyday bracelet and the basic hoops! They're booth so pretty.
    XOXO,
    e

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the elephant necklace -- so cute!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choices, especially the hoops. What a pretty twist on a classic look you can wear with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The elephant necklace is my favorite! I love elephants, too. I am also really liking the black and gold dangles - you're right, that's a great combination.

    ReplyDelete